Choosing a Professional Agent
Although there are many options open to you, making the right choice doesn't have to be difficult. Whether you're a prospective tenant, an experienced landlord or somebody looking to invest for the first time, it's important that you choose a professional who'll advise you correctly.
Choosing a licensed lettings agent, one who takes their duty of care seriously, can be crucial. Gallant Richardson is a 'fully licensed' agency, employing professionally qualified staff, ensuring you get the best possible advice and protection.
At Gallant Richardson, we pride ourselves on giving the best possible service to our landlords. Our fully qualified staff's aim is to provide you with the best possible professional advice, and to carry out their job in a way which best protects you and your investment.
Thinking of a new Investment?
If you are thinking of buying an investment property, we have the expertise and local knowledge to help guide you in the right direction. Our professional advice covers which sorts of property to purchase, the areas in which to buy, potential rental values and 'Buy to Let' mortgages.
Are you an existing landlord?
We offer our landlords a fully comprehensive service; whether you need an agent to just find the right tenants, or to fully manage the property and tenancy for you.
Providing your property with the correct and effective marketing is essential. Gallant Richardson will ensure that your property receives the exposure it needs. As well as our own busy website, we're listed on the main search portals: RightMove, Zoopla, Prime Location, etc.
Once we start to market your property, the details will be sent out instantly to our large computerised database. All properties are also included on our own iphone and Android app, where potential tenants can follow us whilst on the move.
We're located on one of Colchester’s busiest town-centre thoroughfares, where your property will have the benefit of being advertised in our large LED-lit window displays.
A good agent will try and minimise the risk for a landlord. An important part of this process is making sure tenants are found who are adequately referenced. Gallant Richardson use HomeLet, the leading tenancy referencing agency, to assess all applicants. HomeLet will check current landlord / letting agent references, a credit reference search and take up employment or accountant's references. We'll also discuss with you, and any prospective tenant, all aspects of the letting agreement before proceeding.
Taking the worry out of being a Landlord
Gallant Richardson's fully managed service is designed to remove the stress from being a landlord, and to make the letting experience as hassle free as possible. We aim to offer you the best possible protection. We provide a Rent Guarantee, full detailed Inventory & Schedule of Condition along with a personal check-in and check-out with the tenants at the property.
Our fully managed package includes:
- Rent guarantee. We guarantee you the full rent due within 14 days, even when your tenant has not paid;
- Professionally prepared Inventory & Schedule of Condition of the property;
- Personal check-in & check-out of tenant using the Inventory & Schedule of Condition;
- Registration of tenant's deposit with Tenancy Dispute Service (TDS);
- Regular property visits with written reports, including a first visit approximately one month from when a new tenant moves in;
- 24/7, 365 days a year, emergency contact for tenants;
- Flexible non-profit organisation of property maintenance;
- Unlike many agents, we do not tie you into a restrictive contract;
- Payment of rent to you on the same day it is received.
Initial fee: 75% + vat (90% inc vat) of the first month’s rent
Monthly charge: 12% + vat (14.4% inc vat) – charged from the second month onwards.
Renewal of Tenancy: inclusive of continuation of Rental Guarantee.
- 25% + vat (30% inc vat) of the first month’s rent for a new 6-month lease
- 50% + vat (60% inc vat) of the first month’s rent for a new 12-month lease
Tenant introduction (let only service)
Initial fee: 85% + vat (102% inc vat) of the first month’s rent
Additional Charge for:
- Tenancy Dispute Scheme
- Preparation of a written ‘Inventory’ and ‘Schedule of Condition’
- Full Check-in and Check-out service
|Studio/One Bedroom||£150 inc. VAT||£170 inc. VAT|
|Two Bedroom||£175 inc. VAT||£195 inc. VAT|
|Three Bedroom||£200 inc. VAT||£220 inc. VAT|
|Four Bedroom||£225 inc. VAT||£255 inc. VAT|
|Five Bedroom||£250 inc. VAT||£290 inc. VAT|
Renewal of Tenancy:
- 25% + vat (30% inc vat) of the first month’s rent for a new 6 month lease
- 50% + vat (60% inc vat) of the first month’s rent for a new 12 month lease