With many years’ experience of renting houses and flats, we’ll help you find a place that meets all your requirements.
Here’s our quick guide to the main steps:
- Decide what you want to rent – where, what, how much.
- Find the right property.
- Ask the agent for a list of all their fees and their refund policy.
- Ask the agent to agree a let with the landlord remembering to ask questions on anything that is important to you.
- Read the tenancy agreement carefully before signing – ask questions on anything you are not sure of.
- Before you can move in you will be expected to pay the balance of any money due – the first month’s rent and deposit.
- At your check-in you should be provided an Inventory and Schedule of Condition. Read this document very carefully and make sure you agree with its contents before signing.
- Check whether you now need to deal direct with your landlord or continue to go through the agency should you have any problems.
- Enjoy your new home.
Gallant Richardson are licenced members of ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents), meaning we offer clear transparent services and charges. Once you’ve found your perfect home we’ll guide you through the necessary reference checks and explain the tenancy agreement
Click here to register with us or alternatively call us on 01206 548222.