Renting out your property can provide you a good investment and make sound financial sense. Choosing the right agent is an important first step. We can help you find the right tenants, get the right price and complete the necessary documentation.
We’ve been letting and managing properties for 14 years, and are Licenced members of ARLA (Association or Residential Letting Agents) so let us take you through how it works in simple steps.
- Arrange rental valuations and advice for your property. Ensure you talk to licensed agents and you let them know the type of tenants you will accept.
- Decide which agent you felt most comfortable with, who gave you the most confidence and advice – the agent you want to entrust your property to; hopefully Gallant Richardson.
- Instruct the agent; making sure you reiterate what you are looking for from a tenant so they know who they are looking for.
- Get interested people, who fit your requirements, round to view the property.
- Find the right tenant who meets your criteria and have the agent take a holding deposit whilst references can be checked and paperwork prepared.
- Arrange a detailed Inventory and Schedule of Condition; without one you have very little protection against damage by the tenants. All inventories arranged by Gallant Richardson are drawn up by APIP (Association of Professional Inventory Providers) qualified inventory clerks.
- Collect the first months’ rent and a deposit -making sure it registered with a government approved body.
- Check your tenant in – using the Inventory & Schedule of Condition.
Click here to read the full article for the Letting Process